Emporia Christian School seeks to provide an atmosphere conducive to reverent study and the development of strong Christian character. Therefore, students are to look their best and represent the Lord Jesus Christ well. Because it is our desire that all of our students be dressed in modesty and in good taste, the following dress code applies at all times when on school grounds or field trips:
- All clothing must be modest. (I Timothy 2:9; Philippians 4:9) It is recommended that younger girls wear shorts under their dresses.
- Girls: red, navy or light blue solid colored shirt; Khaki or navy blue pants (solid color, no stripes or embellishments), Khaki or navy shorts, skirt or dress (solid color, no shorter than two inches above the knee).
- Boys: red, navy or light blue solid colored shirt; Khaki or navy blue pants or shorts (solid color, no stripes or embellishments, no shorter than two inches above the knee).
- For their own safety, students are not allowed to wear flip-flops.
- Grooming issues—hair spray may not be applied in the classroom. Hair may not be brushed or combed in the classroom. Perfumes and colognes, when used in excess, can be very offensive to others. Some people are allergic to the scents. Therefore, only light use is permitted, and it should never be applied in the classroom. No jewelry associated with non-Christian, occult, or cultic religions may be worn.
Winter Weather Conditions — Students will go out for recess every day that weather permits. They need to bring clothing appropriate for weather changes. Students will be kept indoors when the temperature or wind chill drops below 15 degrees. Only students with written parental requests will be allowed to stay indoors because of legitimate health concerns during regular recess periods.
Physical Education Dress –Tennis shoes for PE (to be kept at school for use if wearing other footwear which is not appropriate for PE).
Chapel Dress Statement
As part of training our children to be tomorrow’s leaders, we expect them to dress up one day per week. Therefore, every student in grades 1-8 is required to dress up for Chapel Day. All clothing and shoes worn on Chapel Day must be clean and in good condition. Please observe the following Chapel Day dress guidelines:
- Girls are required to wear solid color polo shirts—red, navy, light blue—or long sleeved light blue oxford shirts. Khaki slacks any length (uniform Docker style not jean material), skirts (no shorter than two inches above the knee), or shorts (mid thigh). Flip flops are not to be worn.
- Boys are required to wear solid color polo shirts—red, navy, light blue—or long sleeved light blue oxford shirts. Khaki slacks (uniform Docker style not jean material) or shorts (mid thigh). Flip flops are not to be worn.
Emporia Christian School reserves the right to determine whether or not clothing is acceptable.
To read our full dress code policy please refer to page 13 of our parent and student handbook.